What is most important to you? Freedom? Purpose? Pleasure? Security? Achievement? Or something else entirely?
According to an assessment tool at Social Values our primary values are Freedom, Purpose and the pursuit of Pleasure. No surprise to us really.
We are Freedom Seekers
- We do our best to make the most with what we have in our crazy, fast-paced lives.
- We like to try new things whenever we can. The full sensory experience is what it’s all about. Trialling different ways to do things to see if the ‘other’ way can be improved is a hobby of ours.
- We love a new adventure. New places, new people, new experiences. We’re pretty tolerant of most things and at the same time, respectful of other’s differences – in opinion, lifestyle choice and personal characteristics.
- We love a challenge and new experiences and live intuitively rather than by what ‘others’ think and think we should do.
- Happy to spend money on experiences over possessions. Love to live rather and collect memories, than hoard objects that need cleaning.
- We enjoy the intellectual side of life and consider every new social occasion or activity an exciting moment – to learn, to succeed, to remember the lesson. Every first contact with someone could lead you to somewhere amazing – in person, in life or in thought.
- Tell us a story and we’ll share our own. Bring on other people’s unusual ideas and unique life experiences – add our own – and the mental cocktail is intoxicating. What’s not to love?
- We’re social creatures who also enjoy our alone time. Moments for reflection and introspection – for appreciation and gratitude.
Are you a Freedom Seeker?
What drives you to get out of bed each day?
If you’re not primarily a freedom seeker – why is purpose, pleasure, security, achievement or tradition more important to you than freedom?
Share you thoughts in the comments below…